Our daily diet is one of the essential parts of our day. It contributes heavily to our mood and energy levels throughout the day. What we eat determines whether or not our bodies will remain healthy in the long run.
“Try to leave the Earth a better place than when you arrived”—Sidney Sheldon.
Today, we’ve have listed five mouth-watering vegan recipes for you to try out.
Ingredients: 2 avocados, 1 clove of garlic, 1 small onion, 1 tomato (ripe), 1 tablespoon of lime juice, salt, and pepper if necessary.
- Start by de-skinning the avocados and place them into a bowl.
- Mash up the avocados with a fork until it turns into a consistent paste.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh lime juice into the bowl and mix well.
- Next, cut the onion, garlic, and onion into small pieces with a knife. Once done, add all of it to the same bowl.
- Finally, you can add salt or pepper according to your taste. Try eating your guacamole with sides such as tortilla chips or flatbreads.
Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
Ingredients: 1 onion, 6 cloves of garlic, ¼ ginger, salt (adjust to taste), 1 large sweet potato (cut into cubes), a can of chickpeas, and 40mL of coconut milk.
- Add oil to a pan and wait until it’s hot. Then, add the finely cut onions, garlic, and ginger. Stir for about 5 minutes until there’s a fragrance.
- Next, add salt together with the sweet potatoes. Cook it for another 5 minutes to make sure the sweet potatoes are slightly soft.
- Add the chickpeas into the pan and cover the lid. Let it cook for 10 minutes under low heat.
- Use a fork to pork through the potatoes to check their tenderness.
- Finally, add 40mL of coconut milk to the pan and stir well. Now, you will have a creamy sweet potato curry to be served with rice.
Ingredients: 2 potatoes, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, sugar, and salt (adjust to taste).
- Preheat your over to 450°F (or 230°C).
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into the shape of fries. Then, place the potatoes in a bowl.
- Add the vegetable oil, salt, and sugar into the bowl and mix it thoroughly with the potato strips.
- Line the potato strips on a baking tray and place them into the oven for 30 minutes
- After baking, you will have tender and brown oven-baked fries to be served immediately with sauces of your choice.
Vegan Banana Muffins
Ingredients: 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup white sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of coconut milk, 1 cup of canola oil, and 2 cups of mashed bananas (ripe).
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (or 175°C) and grease about 10 muffin cups with margarine.
- Mix the flour, white sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt with a mixer.
- Add the bananas, canola oil, and coconut milk together in the mixer and make sure a consistent batter is formed.
- Evenly distribute the batter into each muffin cup and place it into the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes and use a cake tester to check if your muffins ready to be served.
Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Ingredients: ¼ cup of olive oil, 6 cloves of garlic (minced), fresh parsley (minced), and 3 small potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (or 200°C)
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place them in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and paper and mix it well to make sure it coats all the potatoes.
- Arrange them in a baking tray and roast them in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Lastly, remove the potatoes from the tray and season them with parsley.
Being vegan doesn’t mean you have to eat a salad every day. There are plenty of ways to make your meals just as delicious as non-vegan dishes. While it may be a difficult shift initially, you will get used to it. Moreover, the benefits of switching to a vegan diet undoubtedly outweigh all the struggles it may cause in the process!